Sunday 9 February 2014

Art & Photography: Untitled (Miss Ghana), 2010 by Lyle Ashton Harris



 

Paulina says: I stumbled upon Lyle Ashton Harris' photography way before his art work via his Ghanaian Cell Phone Series photos and must say that I'm loving his Ghana inspired art pieces. I don't know if we have any of his work permanently in Ghana -if not, we must!!!

I'm loving the above Untitled (Miss Ghana), 2010 by Lyle Ashton Harris -I think it should have been part of my objects of desire pieces -don't you? Anywayssssss to view more of Lyle Ashton Harris' art work or for more info about his photography visit: http://www.lyleashtonharris.com/


More info:
Travelling annually to Ghana since 2005 as a professor at NYU’s Global program in Accra, Harris produced the "Ghana" series, consisting of photographic prints, video and mixed media installations, expanding on recurrent themes of his oeuvre. Work from this series has been exhibited at the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art, CRG Gallery (New York), the Dei Centre for the Study of Contemporary African Art (Accra, Ghana) and the Menil Collection (Houston).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment