Saturday, 10 November 2012

Ghana Rising Hearts Barima.....

 
 



 


“My father is the prime source for developing, rather than encouraging, my vanity, since he has a creative take on traditional forms. The majority are from the world of popular culture; luminaries of the arts and design fields, fantastic showmen and musical scenes; the rest seem to be politicians and businessmen. I’ve always liked, for example, how Japanese Shibuya-kei, Neo-Shibuya-kei and picopop music absorbed decades of sonic trends, pop music references, production techniques and samples, stripped them of context and blended these elements with a spirit that’s uniquely theirs, creating something new-but-old and nullifying distinctions between high and low culture. I like to apply such a spirit to my ensembles. Success is in the eye of the beholder.” Barima on the subject of his inspiration (credit: http://www.fineanddandyshopblog.com/2010/02/new-school-dandy-profile-barima-owusu.html)


Paulina Opoku-Gyimah says: Something to lift the mood people!!!! I’ve been following uber fashionista and all-round dapper-man-about-town, Barima Owusu Nyantekyi aka Barima forever and honestly, I sooo didn’t want to share this fashion aficionado with you, but you all know how sweet I am!!!!

Not only one of the most stylish men on the planet, Barima’s uber insight and comprehension of fashion, its history and relevance is mind blowing.. Barima can deconstruct a retro shirt, make you see it as a piece of art -and leave you wanting -without trying!!!

Barima is a celebrated writer and has contributed to numerous publications -and he’s most definitely someone I hope to work with in the near future… ..

I also look forward to a time when I see the likes of Barima in Ghana -moving and shaking the sleeping fashion industry back home in the right direction…

For more info about Barima or to keep up with his high-end fashion happenings visit:
http://barimavox.blogspot.co.uk/

(Credit: All photos come courtesy of:
http://barimavox.blogspot.co.uk/)

No comments:

Post a Comment